Springfield in 2017: 6 New Products to Check Out

Posted by Team Springfield

Jan 16, 2017 9:31:12 AM

Did you make a New Year's resolution to expand your Springfield Armory® arsenal this year?  Well, you won’t have to wait long to fulfill that resolution, as we have several new options you can get your hands on.

Here are six new-for-2017 Springfield products shipping right now.

Read More

Topics: Pistols & Compact Guns, Polymer Handguns, 1911 Handguns, Springfield News

5 Gun Gifts That Will Make You an Instant Favorite

Dec 16, 2016 10:00:00 AM

Feeling particularly generous this Christmas and want to make an excellent impression on someone? Virtually any Springfield Armory® gun will make it happen for you.

But as a starting point, you can become a favorite gift-giver of any Springfield fan on your list by giving them one of these five in particular.

Read More

Topics: Tactical Rifles, Pistols & Compact Guns, 1911 Handguns

#AskSpringfield: What is the best gun for concealed carry?

Posted by Jason Burton

Sep 8, 2016 10:30:00 AM

There is no single best choice to solve every concealment requirement or occasion. There are many variables that will play into exactly which gun to carry depending on the required level of concealment, mode of dress, activity level, etc.  

However, as a general rule I believe the best gun for concealment is the largest gun you can shoot effectively while still being able to have it adequately concealed. I think it is wise for folks who are serious about concealed carry to have multiple choices and here are a few of my favorites based on size:

Read More

Topics: Concealed Carry, Pistols & Compact Guns, Polymer Handguns, First Time Gun Buyers, 1911 Handguns

Love at First Sight: The XD(M)® Competition Series 9mm

Posted by Jalise And Justine Williams

Aug 10, 2016 11:46:01 AM

We have always been fond of Springfield Armory®'s XD(M)® pistols - from the first moment we each held one, took a sight picture and fired that first shot.

All right... we're downplaying it. A lot.

Because if you've ever met us, you know how much we absolutely love our XD(M)®s.

Read More

Topics: Competitive Shooting, First Time Gun Buyers, 1911 Handguns

The Birth of a Legend

Jun 1, 2016 11:50:36 AM

As most legends go, this one started a long time ago and far away. 6,494 miles in fact. The year was 2004. Most know him as the “American Sniper” but his official job was a sniper for Charlie Platoon of SEAL Team 3.

His name? Chris Kyle.

Read More

Topics: 1911 Handguns

My New Base 1911 of Choice: Springfield's Range Officer® Operator®

Posted by Rob Leatham

Mar 9, 2016 12:00:00 PM

First things first - a Springfield terminology lesson.

Springfield Range Officer® - a 1911 with a minimalist modification package offering basic features for competition.

Springfield Operator® - a firearm featuring a frame designed with integral accessory rail, allowing mounting of lights, lasers, etc.

Springfield Range Officer® Operator® - a 2016 new product and my new base 1911 gun for competition.

Read More

Springfield in the News: Shout-outs to our Newest Firearms

Feb 29, 2016 11:38:01 AM

With SHOT Show 2016 behind us, Springfield Armory® is proud to unveil its latest set of firearms. With new entries in many of our trusty, fan-favorite series, we got some love online from some of our favorite publications and fans.

Read More

Topics: Tactical Rifles, Gun Shows, Pistols & Compact Guns, Polymer Handguns, 1911 Handguns

The Renaissance Gun: The Versatile Range Officer® Operator® 9mm

Posted by Jason Burton

Jan 20, 2016 5:00:00 AM

I once read that "we are all victims of our own frame of reference." 

It’s a statement that so often rings true in the gun world. To each situation, we all bring our own set of experience and bias, whether it be about guns, gear, training, etc.

And I am certainly no different.

Read More

2016 New Arrivals: Springfield's Latest Product Releases

Jan 19, 2016 1:32:59 PM

For the past week and a half, we've been unloading a variety of new products on you along with 50 lucky fans walking away with some of the newly released firearms.

Let's recap what's new from Springfield Armory® in 2016.

Read More

Topics: Tactical Rifles, Polymer Handguns, 1911 Handguns

Loaded Meets Lasers: Parkerized 1911 with Crimson Trace® Lasergrips®

Jan 11, 2016 11:50:07 AM

The Loaded 1911 family just got a little bigger.

The new Springfield Armory® 1911 Loaded Parkerized pistol is now available with Crimson Trace® Lasergrips® in 45ACP.

Read More

Topics: Promotions, 1911 Handguns

Springfield Armory® recommends you seek qualified and competent training from a certified instructor prior to handling any firearm and be sure to read your owner’s manual.  These articles are considered to be suggestions and not recommendations from Springfield Armory®.