Hello there, Armory fans - It's Dry Fire Friday.
Jason Burton is locked and (un)loaded to offer up this week's dry-fire drill for your practice and perfecting - slide lock reloads from concealment. All you'll need to get started is an empty magazine in the gun and a spare magazine or two with dummy rounds in your pocket. Don't forget - emphasis on "empty" and "dummy".
Featured Springfield Armory® Product: LB Operator® .45ACP
Dry Fire Drill: Slide Lock Reload
Drill Focus: Reloading a Magazine from Concealment
Drill Level: Intermediate
Drill Comments: Reload drills are one of the best drills to practice at home; no dumping of magazines onto the dirty ground, which means no extra cleaning sessions for magazines. At the outset of the drill, lift the gun, mimic the realization of an empty magazine, eject it, lift your cover garment and... well, watch the video above to get Jason's full rundown of advice on perfecting this fluid motion.
Check out the video above, #GetClickin and stay tuned for the next episode!
Dry-Fire Safety Rules
1. Ensure the gun is unloaded, remove the magazine, retract the slide and check that there is no round in the chamber
2. If practicing with magazines, unload all rounds from magazines
3. Remove all ammunition/loaded magazines from the area
4. Find a safe area/direction to practice
5. Remove all distractions - phones, family members, pets, etc.
6. Double-check that the gun is unloaded any time you do have a distraction or interruption
About Dry Fire Friday
In this series, we'll explore fundamental drills, tips and ideas on how you can improve your gun-handling skills. All of the drills will be with an unloaded gun and no ammunition, which is what dry fire means, so you will never have to leave home to practice!
Need to get caught up? Check out our previous Dry Fire Friday posts: