In this series, we'll explore fundamental drills, tips and ideas on how you can improve your gun-handling skills. All of the drills will be with an unloaded gun and no ammunition, which is what dry fire means, so you will never have to leave home to practice!
Always follow these safety rules any time you dry fire practice:
- Ensure the gun is unloaded; Remove the magazine, retract the slide and check that there is no round in the chamber;
- If practicing with magazines, unload all rounds from magazines;
- Remove all ammunition / loaded magazines from the area;
- Find a safe area / direction to practice;
- Remove all distractions; phones, family members, pets, etc.
- Double-check that the gun is unloaded any time you do have a distraction / interruption;
Today's topic focuses on one of the most essential aspects of shooting: firing the gun without moving it.
Dry Fire Drill: Trigger Pulling
Drill Focus: Improve Accuracy
Drill Level: Beginner
Drill Comments: The physical action of pulling the trigger needs to be done in a manner that does not move the gun. This will allow you to fire a shot that is true; and the shot will land where the gun was aimed.
The dry fire drill shown in the video should help you hone this fundamental skill.
Check out the video above, #GetClickin and stay tuned for the next episode!